Sorry it’s been so long since the last update. A whole lot has been happening:
- We’ve had a number of social events – summer and winter solstice, a walk in the woods, and a housewarming party, among others.
- We’ve attended a couple of industry events – one on modern methods of construction, and the Grand Designs event. It’s good to get our minds pre-loaded for when we come to working with designers, etc.
- At one of those events, a representative from a local uni architecture department expressed interest in working with us to develop our ideas.
- We opened a bank account, and received a grant from Homes England, via Community-Led Homes, to help us get incorporated.
- We provided feedback on existing MHOS Rules (constitution) to the head of the Confederation of Co-operative Housing, who is writing up a standard set, ready to be “pulled off the shelf” and used.
- We’ve clarified our ideas about membership.
- We’ve contacted a refugee support group, to clarify how our offer of a free place to refugees might work.
We look forward to a happy and productive new year.