We attended various events this month:
- Cohousing cafe, featuring some researchers talking about the relationship between cohousing groups and immigrants / refugees in the UK. (Mostly, cohousing groups seem willing, but uptake from immigrants / refugees is still low.)
- Two webinars on finances for co-operatives, put on by Co-operatives West Midlands. A useful overview of cashflow, income & expenditure accounts, and balance sheets.
- Potton webinars on Timber frame versus Structured Insulated Panels (SIPs); Explaining the build process; and Understanding building regulations.
We also had a few less formal discussions:
- with the UK Cohousing Network about improvements that could be made to their Members directory page.
- with a financial modeller, via wMUCH, about providing us with a Priced Scope of Financial Modelling Services.
We had a lovely chat with some members of Birmingham Community Cohousing in Kings Heath Park, and the next day went some of them to view a property in Acocks Green that was of interest. We all decided that that particular property wasn’t for either party, but it was in the right kind of ballpark.
And as usual we had a couple of Zoom meetings, split between social and business.